Email Blast Feb 25 2013 FIRST Lake Superior and Northern Lights Regionals
Team leaders, the Northern Lights and Lake Superior Regional events are just over a week away. Here is some info that you will need and be mindful of the upcoming deadlines.
- Please email Mark (email@example.com) by March 1st if you intend to enter the Junkyard Robot Competition so that we know how many to expect. Details can be found at (http://www.mnfirst.org/docs/2013JunkyardRobotsDuluthEvents.pdf). Each regional will have a winner.
- MARCH FIRST DEADLINE! Team lunch order forms are now posted on the regional website (http://www.mnfirst.org/docs/FIRSTRoboticsCateringOrderForm2013.pdf). This was a very popular option last year so please make sure that you order by March 1st to help us make sure that we can accommodate everyone.
- The 2nd annual FRC Duluth Team Social is back and, based on your feedback, much improved. The event will be Friday, March 8th, at Grandma's Sports Garden. New for this year: three buffet lines, new lighting and sound systems, additional rooms for hanging out. Cost: $10/person. Seating Times: 6:30pm, 7:00pm, 7:30pm, and 8:00pm.
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide:
- Team mentor contact name, email, and phone number,
- Number of students and adults attending,
- Rank all 4 seating times in order of preference.
Team Social Payment is check or cash on Thursday, March 7th at team social table outside Lake Superior Ballroom (lunchroom) from 11:00-1:30 pm, invoices issued in advance. Please direct all inquiries to: email@example.com
- Seminars at the Duluth event. Here is the schedule of sessions for Duluth:
Thursday 7 March:
1:00 - 2:00pm - FRC 27 Team Sustainability Presentation
2:00 - 3:00pm - FRC 27 Team Management Presentation
3:00 - 4:00pm- FRC 93 Fundraising Presentation
Friday 8 March:
1:00 - 2:00pm- Team Roundtable Meeting (Renee Becker, FIRST Sr. Mentor)
3:00 - 4:00pm- FRC 2220 Booster Club Presentation
- A note on pit safety: Teams are not allowed to shoot Frisbees or attempt climbing in the pits. This type of practice is only allowed in the practice field area.
-There is a possibility that some of the competition field carpet will be available for teams to take home after the event. If you are interested, please contact me.
- The Lake Superior and Northern Lights Regionals will be held at the Duluth Entertainment and Convention Complex (DECC). The public agenda and many other details can be found under the event listing (http://www.usfirst.org/roboticsprograms/frc/regional-events?id=430). Teams and spectators may not bring any food or drinks into the arena. Teams are encouraged to bring refillable water bottles. Please share this with your team members and spectators, as it is the number one problem we have.
- Team Load-in for robots and pits will be Wednesday evening from 6pm to 8pm. Lake Superior Regional teams will enter through Door 7 on Harbor Dr. across from the Great Lakes ore boat. Northern Lights Regional teams will enter through Door 9 across from the DECC parking ramp.
-Team Media Badges: New this year, each team will receive (one) Media Badge designated by Team Number. These media badges are not replaceable; please keep it safe along with your coach/drive team buttons. The Team Media person must queue, walk onto, and walk off the field at the same time as your drive team. No one will be permitted to join the queue or rush onto the competition floor once the team has entered the arena.
Regards, Mark Lawrence, Chairman, MN FIRST Regional Planning Committee