Email Blast Feb 5 2013 FIRST Lake Superior and Northern Lights Regionals
Team leaders, here are some items of interest for the Duluth regional competitions, Northern Lights and Lake Superior
- The Lake Superior and Northern Lights Regionals will be held at the Duluth Entertainment and Convention Complex (DECC). With 99 teams, this will be the biggest event under one roof in FIRST land this year outside of the Championship. The public agenda and many other details can be found under the event listing (http://www.usfirst.org/roboticsprograms/frc/regional-events?id=430). Teams and spectators may not bring any food or drinks into the arena. Teams are encouraged to bring refillable water bottles.
- Team lunch order forms are now posted on the regional website (http://www.mnfirst.org/docs/FIRSTRoboticsCateringOrderForm2013.pdf). This was a very popular option last year so please make sure that you order by March 1st to help us make sure that we can accommodate everyone.
- The Junkyard Robot competition is back again this year. For those of you who are new to the Duluth regionals, the purpose of the Junkyard Robot competition is to build a zero-cost robot to be used for signage around the DECC. Teams had a lot of fun with this last year and the robots were a big hit. Details can be found at (http://www.mnfirst.org/docs/2013JunkyardRobotsDuluthEvents.pdf). Each regional will have a winner.
- The 2nd annual FRC Duluth Team Social is back and, based on your feedback, much improved. The event will be Friday, March 8th, at Grandma's Sports Garden. New for this year: three buffet lines, new lighting and sound systems, additional rooms for hanging out. We appreciate your patience and recommendations that have been heard and implemented for this year's social.
There will be:
- immediate restaurant entry (no line on sidewalk),
- multiple seatings,
- clearly labeled and delicious Italian buffet food for all tastes,
- fish, meat-free sauces and pizzas will be clearly labeled for Lent,
- RSVP for gluten free
Seating Times: 6:30pm, 7:00pm, 7:30pm, and 8:00pm.
RSVP to email@example.com
- Team mentor contact name, email, and phone number,
- number of students and adults attending,
- rank all 4 seating times in order of preference (early bird gets the worm).
Payment is check or cash on Thursday, March 7th at team social table outside Lake Superior Ballroom (lunchroom) from 11:00-1:30 pm, invoices issued in advance. Please direct all inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
There are a number of seminars at the Duluth event. Here is the schedule of sessions for Duluth:
Thursday March 7:
1:00 - 2:00pm - FRC 27 Team Sustainability Presentation
2:00 - 3:00pm - FRC 27 Team Management Presentation
3:00 - 4:00pm- FRC 93 Fundraising Presentation
Friday March 8:
1:00 - 2:00pm- Team Roundtable Meeting (Renee Becker, FIRST Sr. Mentor)
3:00 - 4:00pm- FRC 2220 Booster Club Presentation
Chairman, MN FIRST Regional Planning Committee